Praise be to God, Charity Right Malaysia was able to distribute 33,300 meals to 555 beneficiaries in October this year.
On the 1st of October, our Feed to Educate online training sessions were conducted for 26 students’ families of SK Padang Keria in Perlis, mainly focusing on parenting science and supporting students’ online learning/PdPR at home. The event was titled Cabaran PdPR: Peranan Guru, Sokongan Ibu Bapa. We were blessed to have Ustaz Mohd Raffidzi B. Zainol Abidin from Penolong Pengarah Pendidikan Islam as our speaker for the event.
Our post-training survey found that:
- 81.5% of the parents found the event to be very useful. They learned new techniques to help with their children’s online learning sessions at home.
- 84.6% of the parents felt confident and motivated after the training. The training session was able to improve their morale.
- The speaker was knowledgeable, shared relevant examples to help parents understand the situation and handle the Q&A session quite well.
- The beneficiaries requested more training sessions in the future that involves their children along with them.
Moreover, In the last week of October, We distributed food boxes to 60 families in SK Taman Medan.
Another online training session was conducted on the 30th of October, this time around it was mainly focusing on stress management & mental health for parents & children for 136 students’ families from SK Taman Medan in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The event was titled Bagaimana Mengendalikan Stress di Rumah. Fadzli UNIC was the speaker and he connected well with the participants.
Our post-training survey from this session found that:
- 73.2% of the parents found the content to be useful. They gained new knowledge on stress management, how to create a positive environment at home and attend to their children’s emotional needs.
- 80% of the parents felt confident and motivated after the training.
- The speaker was skilled, answered the participants’ questions quite well.
- The beneficiaries requested more parenting training sessions in the future and to add more panellists for a more interactive session.
Even though the country is getting better at managing the pandemic, there are still thousands of people struggling to make ends meet. Charity Right Malaysia understands the situation well and stands up to the need of the hour. On October 8th, we delivered food boxes for 50 underprivileged families in Hulu Yam, Selangor as a part of the Reaching Rural Initiative. In the last weeks of October, we distributed food boxes for 75 underprivileged families in Jinjang Utara and PPR Sg Limau, KL.
Each COVID-19 Relief food box costs RM150 that can cater to up to 4 family members which include essential food supplies. Let’s stand together as a nation and help those in need. Donate today.
More than 1 in 10 children in Malaysia have less than 3 meals per day, forcing them to live in hunger. Plus, many poor children are skipping school because their families would rather send them to work and earn extra income for the family. Under the Feed to Educate program, Charity Right Malaysia makes sure the children can focus on their education while the parents are equipped with skills and knowledge to help them break free from poverty.
No amount is too little. Feed a family today.
Hearing about Charity Right Malaysia for the first time?
Charity Right is an international food aid organisation that works in neglected communities around the world, feeding forgotten and underserved individuals. Our meals support schoolchildren and adults in refugee camps, slums, jungles, and remote villages across Asia, Africa, and Europe.
Want more of these blog posts delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter below.